Sunday, January 25, 2009
Some... well.... news
So, I walked in to the church today at noon like usual and start setting up the sacrament before choir starts and then I practice with the choir from 12:20 till 12:55 and rapidly finish preparing the sacrament and luckily the other guy found people to pass and got the bread ready. And as I'm going to sit down at the blessing bench one of the high consellors shakes my hand and says "Are you Robert?" "yes" "I need to meet with you after sacrament today if we could find a place to meet" So I spend the rest of sacrament meeting wondering what in the world he wants to meet with me about, because, high counsellors come from the stake, and the stake wanting to talk to me is not generally a good thing. And then I thought, well, maybe he has been talking with the bishop and wants to set up a time I can go in for a temple recommend interview with the stake president. And THEN I remembered a conversation I had with my roomie, the elders quorumn president, a couple weeks ago when I asked him how long they leave eq presidents in for, and he said a year, and I asked when he got put in, and he said the first week of February. So as I'm sitting there thinking in sacrament meeting I said "huh, next week is the first week of February. Crap" Sure enough, we met and they want me to be the 2nd counsellor in the north elders quorumn. And at the time I was ok with it, cuz I knew when Jake got called a year ago that this would be a possibility and after talking with him a couple weeks ago I think I kinda started to prepare myself. Anyways, so now I've got one more thing to be nervous about. They're going to set me apart next sunday and I imagine I'll get even more nervous by then. So that's my news. Adieu
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That's actually great! EQ is great because there is not a ton to have to worry about. Teaching once in a while, a weekly meeting and visits, ppi's etc, but thats it. I'd say you scored!
Mark
That's awesome, Rob! Nerve-wracking I know, but you will be an awesome addition to the presidency! And it sounds like you WERE being prepared for this change, which I always think is amazing. It means that the Lord is aware of the coming changes and loves us enough to get us ready. You're a fantastic young man and I'm really excited for you!
Once, when we were in college (*sigh* alas) Dave was in the EQ presidency and they didn't have to do anything, and I'm talking about not a thing. Er...maybe they just didn't do anything...
That is GREAT news Rob, not that I didn't see something like that coming, I mean even you saw it. That is a Awsome Deal because heck now you get keys to the building! Master of the gym, dude that rocks!
I sorta thought you would be a good fit for sunday school teacher. I would attend. Glad to hear about your call because it is a blessing to know you are called by a higher power then yourself.
Misty,
You don't even know about the minutes I took down. Really we were a bunch of un-organized dudes too busy chasing hot chicks and planning spritual partys in order to meet more hot chicks. To me it looks like all my planning paid off. I don't know what your complaining about.
ha ha, thanks everyone for your comments. It seems it shouldn't be too involved, I mean, heck, my roomie was the eq president while he was getting his master's degree and still has time to play "lego indiana jones". caltric
Post a Comment