I got a lot of great poems, and after reading all of them I felt I needed to rewrite mine to catch up. So without any further ado here they are (not in any particular order) and you can vote for them on the right hand side --------> over there
#1
I used to would have never thought
I’d do the things I’ve done,
That life could really be this hard,
And parenting wouldn’t be fun.
But, alas, it’s true, that life has been
A jumble of good and bad
With things I wish I hadn’t done
And more I wish I had.
--------------------------------------------
#2
I used to would have never
Seen the value of my soul
Or hoped for something bigger
Or made happiness my goal.
I've never worked so strongly
Giving all the whole day through
I used to would have never
But I'm glad now that I do.
-------------------------------------------
#3
I used to would have never
should have never, but I do
in a clever way that cuts my spine,
like making angels in the sands of timelessness,
like a surreptitious kiss, once placed
is clasped upon my palm in an embrace
for mending; in its clever way fermenting
like sacramental wine upon my lips.
I used to would have never, should have never, but I do
in a clever way that hides inside
of me and out of you.
----------------------------------------------------------
#4
I used to would have never gone to see a broadway show,
Or read a book I didn't like, or driven quite this slow.
I used to would have never enjoyed lying in the sun
On beaches far away from home; it wouldn't have been fun.
I used to would have never eaten quite so many greens;
But now I see they help your health and keep you trim and lean.
I used to would have never dared to think I'd find a wife
Who cares for me unfailingly, with whom I'd share my life.
-----------------------------------------------------------
#5
I used to would have never stepped outside in broad daylight
Without precision makeup and my hair done up just right
I used to would have never worn a wrinkly, spotted shirt
Nor a pair of jeans with even the slightest bit of dirt.
But, today I think I’m lucky as I stumble through the mall,
If my backside’s fully covered & my hair’s been combed at all.
You’ll find no trace of makeup on my puffy, sleep-starved eyes
And I’m lucky if my shoes are both of equal shape and size.
But, it really doesn’t matter, no one ever looks at me
The precious baby in my stroller is all anyone can see.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
who wrote these, maybe that is what we should vote on? We liked #5 the most becuse it beat the others my a smidge.
They are all amazing and very insightful. It's hard to choose a favorite because the style is so unique in each one. I'm going to have to think about it for a while. I'm with Dave though - maybe we should just vote on who wrote them. Thanks to all for sharing. It was a great idea Robert. Does anyone have another idea starter?
Wow! There are some really good ones! I'm not going to vote, because I just can't decide. Some of them are easy to tell who has written them, but some I'm not too sure. If we had a list of who had contributed, I'm sure I could match them up! *grin* I like not knowing who wrote them at first, though, so I don't have to chose between my brothers and sisters. Ya know?
Anyway, nice job! There are some wonderful poets out there. And yeah, if anyone else has an idea starter, maybe I'll participate in the next round.
Tunes to suit your fancy, are there any requests? I'll play them for a penny, and not a penny less.
They're all great poems (except mine--I don't like anything I write). I'm refraining from voting because I can't choose a "best", but I think I've figured out who wrote them all...
I think I figured it out, too. So who are they Rob?
Darn all you instant gratification people!! :P I'm not revealing who wrote them until the polls have closed 9 pm monday. I think there are only 5 votes in, so everyone needs to make sure to vote.
well, it appears we have a 5 way tie. #1 was Laura, #2 was me, #3 was Misty, #4 was Dan, and #5 was mom. Thanks everyone for playing. It was good to get the ol' brain thinking again before school started.
Laura? Samsonite! I was way off!
Thanks for forcing/encouraging me to do something that I love to do but just can't make myself do. I really think we ought to try again with a different starting thought (although I really liked this one). Any ideas? It would be fun to hear from more of us and then guess who wrote what. We could probably even talk your dad into it. I liked that they couldn't be too long - made it less daunting.
Post a Comment