Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pursuit of Happyness

So I don't know what it is lately, but I just feel happy.... like all the time. People make me happy, just random people or people at work or family or friends. I don't know what it is. The work family members will tell you that sometimes I'll just start dancing, just randomly, if it can be called dancing. All I know is that I haven't felt this good for this long in a VERY long time, probably pushing 12-15 years. I noticed about a year ago that I was starting to have more good days than bad, but I still had a lot of bad days, but gosh, I can't remember the last dark day, the last bad day or foggy, mind-in-a-haze day. I have a new friend named Jessica that some of you have met that has added to some of this I think, though it has been going on a lot longer than I've known her. Everything feels right with the world, which is usually just a calm before the storm, but that's ok. It's been nice to have a few rays of sunshine here in the middle.
Anyways, I guess that's all I wanted to say. I didn't get any other poems for this last entry, but I'll be the first to admit that the topic was kind of weird and I really didn't have much drive to write poetry the last few months. I nominate mom to pick the new topic. With Misty publishing her books I've just had this itch to write, so be thinking of things to write about or ideas you'd like to get out. peace.

3 comments:

Tuleps said...

I'm so glad you're happy. It makes me happy. =) What's the secret?

Elsie said...

You seem happy - content. I'm glad for you, too. One thing I've learned however, is that it's not always (not even usually) the 'calm before the storm' - life is just good. Have many more happy days. Love Ya.

Elsie said...

For a new topic - what if we take a thought from a conference talk that impresses us and write about that. One thought from yesterday that intriqued me was the 'I am my mothers daughter and my daughters mother, my grandmother's granddaughter and my granddaughters' grandmother'--just family relationships. Or Pres. Monson's comments about judging other peoples dirty laundry through our dirty windows. So many good thoughts to write about.