Several things on my mind today.
First, I'm done venting about Emily so I can open this back to the public. (I've deleted all those posts in case you're wondering what I'm talking about)
Second, as some of you have heard I have a new calling. They released me from the elders quorum and three hours later the stake exec sec called to set up an appointment to meet with a member of the presidency. Not really that excited. Anyways, so now I am an assistant ward clerk. This makes two years in a row that I got to stand and be sustained at ward conference. Actually, they read my name twice today on accident. The calling is going well. It's really more of my type of work, kind of behind the scenes, important stuff. It has already been kinda fun working more closely with the bishopric, getting to see them out of the routine stuff. Luckily our ward clerk does an amazing job. The kid is on the ball. He reorganized the entire filing system, well, the way he described it wasn't much of a system to reorganize. I got to count all of the tithing last week and this week, which was fun. You know how I love to count and organize. And so far there haven't been any discrepancies in the totals, something that I hear doesn't happen too often.
Third, things seem to be going pretty well. We had a fun bachelor party for Dan Ellsworth (new guy) from work. It was a blast. We took him out to Wendover and just had fun. My favorite part was when we were walking from the montego back to the rainbow and we pretended to have australian accents and russ was just lighting and dropping matches from one of the free matchbooks at one of the casinos and we just laughed and joked around. It has been a long time since I've been able to have just good open fun. We laughed a lot on that trip.
Well, hopefully I'll be able write a bit more often now. I've learned a lot this last month in therapy about my feelings being important, even though some people would have me believe otherwise. It has helped me realize that I deserve better than I let myself think, and I can do better than this. So, I'm starting over, again, and surrounding myself with people that actually care about me and can help me instead of judge me, because I'm worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wendover!? Sounds like fun! I'm glad you had a good time. We all need that from time to time. I'll bet the other guys enjoyed it also. We missed you yesterday but I'm glad that things are good. Love Ya.
Me too, all of it (except the "Wendover!?" part 'cause I knew about that)
Post a Comment