Friday, July 31, 2009

Farewell July!

It feels like it's about time to write again. So, I've learned 2 pages of my guitar song (see previous post) and I've gotten stuck on the fast stuff, but it is still good to practice. I'm currently trying to memorize First Nephi and for right now I'm just learning it by first letter and then once I can do the whole thing by first letter then I will begin memorizing it. So far I've learned 5 chapters and I seem to be able to remember it pretty well from day to day. Kelly, the girl that I hometeach, got me into learning morse code again so I've been trying to learn that as well.
As many of you have heard, Wendy is engaged. I haven't decided how I feel about that yet. It hit me pretty hard when I found out and I was angry for a few days. I don't want to be angry about it, I don't really want to be anything about it. However, it has been creating quite a bit of anxiety in my life again, so I had Pres. Reese and Steve, our secretary, give me a blessing last night and as they put their hands on my head they started to laugh over something silly, we almost had to take a giggle break (if guys take those) and I realized that I was surrounded by friends and that I've traded Wendy for new friends, better friends, friends that would drop whatever they were doing to help me through a hard time, and friends that I can trust enough to share something like that with them. And then I realized that the tears I've shed haven't been because of her, but because I got thinking about asking for a blessing and realized how many people love me. Enough about that.
I've almost finished watching all 11 seasons of MASH, in fact I'm half way done with season 10. On top of that, I am almost done with season 3 out of 4 of The Pretender, a series which I am so glad I bought. That is apparently where my summer has gone. But what a good summer. Pres. Reese challenged us in the presidency to try to date someone once a week, and that was a month ago, and so far I've averaged one date a week with 3 different girls. I also attended my first surprise party. I can't believe how far I've come in the last year. I also can't believe how many meaningful relationships I have now. I can honestly say that this is the first time since high school that I have had any real friends. The future looks bright, I don't know what it holds but it's gotta be better than where I've been. Alright I think that will do it.



3 comments:

Heather said...

You are so amazing! I love reading your blog! Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad that you realized that you traded Wendy for freedom. The freedom to make your own friends that love you for you. It sounds like you have some wonderful ones and I'm so glad!

And congrats on the dating challenge! That's fantastic! And MASH is awesome, huh? I like it! I remember whenever I heard the theme song outside my bedroom it was time to go to sleep. (Wondered why watching MASH makes me sleepy!)

Thanks again for sharing your journey on your blog. You've made an amazing difference in your life this last year or so, but you've made a difference in mine as well as I've watched you. It's inspired me to be a better person and I'm so glad you are my brother. Thanks! >*hug*<

James said...

I second that. Reading your Blogs have made me a better person. I've learned a lot about you that I didn't know before too.

Keep up the good work, the Blogging, and the MASH!

Misty Moncur said...

1 Nephi, really? I can't even remember what I went to the store for.