Friday, March 21, 2008

Amalfi Coast

Here is what it's supposed to look like when it's done. It's by Carl Aagaard called "View to the Amalfi Coast". The section that I have done, though it looks small, is about 7300 stitches. Imagine doing that by hand. Crazy!
7800 as of Apr 1.

5 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

It occurs to me to ask why you would make this picutre pixel by painstaking pixel when you have a perfectly good copy right here. He must be crazy, methinks.

Heather said...

And how do you do it pixel by painstaking pixel? Do you have to assign each pixel a color? How do you make sure the colors match the picture? I'm intrigued...!

Dan said...

If anyone's interested, that's the actual city of Amalfi down by the water - you can tell by the little tower at the far end of town. The painting is probably done from the hilltop town of Ravenna.

Robert said...

well, I got the pattern online that just has the symbols for different colors like a regular pattern would and it comes with a color pallete that just steal the colors off from using paint shop pro. then I zoom in really far and set the paintbrush size to 1 pixel and go to town.

Elsie said...

Totally, interestingly crazy - but intriguing! Missed you at dinner yesterday - hope you had a better offer with someone besides Mr. Aagard.