Chess
Ah, this game of chess
the board a mess, I start
and place by heart, for heart it is
my king, my rook, my knight
White.
Now, to learn her game
I take my aim, two clicks
the kill is quick, so quick I fall
Oh sacrificial pawn,
Gone.
HA! Attack by knight
one up two right, on course
I build my force, and force my will
a blazing sword to neck
Check.
Dash! Escapes my hold!
the war unfolds, resists
the story twists, a twist of fate
Mate.
Well, there you have it I hope you enjoyed it as I enjoyed it. As for me, I'm in my new place. Been here for about a month now and things are going pretty well. They want me to be on the comittee for extraction in my ward which is cool (little commitment, little responsibility, something to do) so we'll see how and when and if they call me to that. Who knows..? I have my own room, rent is pretty cheap, it's clean. We get a lot of those fire bug things outside, the little red and black beetle looking things.
Whatever they are. I guess they have a pretty big problem with those around here. But that's alright. I love living in town, close to work, close to school. I can work saturdays now, and past 4:45 every other day. I don't really have any complaints besides school being a bugger this semester. BUT, I will say that i'm learning some cool things about the history of math, things that a geek would find cool, like how to find the square root of 3 geometrically with a compass and straightedge. Alright, well, there will be blogs every now and then, check in from time to time. :)
Whatever they are. I guess they have a pretty big problem with those around here. But that's alright. I love living in town, close to work, close to school. I can work saturdays now, and past 4:45 every other day. I don't really have any complaints besides school being a bugger this semester. BUT, I will say that i'm learning some cool things about the history of math, things that a geek would find cool, like how to find the square root of 3 geometrically with a compass and straightedge. Alright, well, there will be blogs every now and then, check in from time to time. :)
4 comments:
Rob! How awesome is that! I love your blog. I love that you HAVE a blog! I think it's a great idea. I wish everyone had one...it's a great way to keep up with everyone! And those dang fire bugs...we used to get them really bad at the trailer. In the spring we would get them laying eggs in the house. Then they would hatch...nasty! And hard to kill! But I guess if that is your only complaint, it's not too bad! I'll add your blog to my list of blogs to check every so often. Love ya! Heather
We used to get those bugs, too, in the dorms at Weber. They only appeared on one side of the building, the side that was next to the trees. Fortunately, it was not my side. Love you blog.
Is that a box elder bug?
bug bomb-em! Rob glad to hear that you didn't share your special talent of spanish humming at your ward party. Saved me a lot of greif and embarassment. Have a good one!
Post a Comment